Apply To Speak At NECANN
1) Submitting this form is the only way to apply for a speaking spot. Email/phone solicitations will not be considered. If selected, communication will be sent directly to the speakers only. Due to the high volume of submissions (we typically get about 10 qualified submissions per speaker slot), only those selected to speak will receive notification via email, typically no later than eight weeks prior to the event. Unfortunately we can’t honor individual requests for status updates on submissions via phone or email.
2) All Applications MUST include direct contact info (email address and phone number) for the person applying to present, and the speaker must be willing and able to communicate directly with NECANN to arrange details – we do not communicate with speakers via 3rd parties – this includes PR Firms, agents, personal assistants, etc. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) Speakers agree to abide by a “no pitching” policy. Presentations are meant to be educational and cannot include information on speaker’s professional background, a company’s products or services, or their personal expertise and/or company history.
4) Speakers who are selected must agree to follow specific guidelines on crafting their presentations and compiling PowerPoint presentations if/when suggested by NECANN. NECANN reserves the right of final approval on all content for speakers, and may require revisions during the process.
5) NECANN does not provide speaker stipends or travel reimbursements. This helps us keep ticket prices low and accessible to the broadest audience for the event and your session.
General info FAQ
Selected speakers for each convention will include both those who have spoken at cannabis events in the past and those who have not, and who come from a diverse range of geographic areas. We are looking specifically for content relevant to the industry, consumers, and patients of the home state of each convention. Preference will be given to sessions that have not been presented in these markets before. To be considered for a speaking spot at the largest industry convention series in North America, complete the form below.
Solo presentations are expected to be designed to last between 30-45 minutes (depending on the topic and structure of the session), followed by Q&A from the audience. We will also occasionally assemble panel-style sessions and may ask that you join a panel or alter your presentation to fit a different style. NOTE: Please do not submit an application if you are ONLY willing to be part of a panel – unless you are able to do a solo presentation, it will not be considered.
If you are pitching a panel, you must mention that in the session description and list the names of all involved panelists and your panel moderator. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Separate applications must be submitted using the online form for all speakers, including those who wish to pitch a panel discussion.
If you wish to apply for multiple conventions you must submit a separate form for each one. It might be helpful to write out the longer answers on a Word doc first so you can cut and paste them into each submission.
Submissions will not be accepted without a bio and head shot, so make sure you have them before starting the form. Your session description should communicate the value that attendees will gain from listening to you. Remember our no-pitch policy, and tell us what people will learn from you during your session.
All of our conventions are focused on the cannabis markets they held are in, including the programming. For example if you wanted to speak about marketing at the Boston convention, the submission should at least in part speak to marketing strategies that relate to current Massachusetts laws and regulations on cannabis advertising.