Dear TJM Readers,
Speaking with advocates and people in the cannabis community, we identified and reached out to three patients who once believed strongly in Western medicine but had to defy it when an illegal plant proved to be the better option. Through trial and error, they created health regimens for serious conditions including epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and chronic pain.
Check out their daily routines and read their stories below …
- Pure CBD hemp oil three times a day—15mg or 25mg of a CBD capsule.
- Before bedtime: an OG Kush indica raw flower in food.
- Pure THC oil as a rescue method for unexpected seizures.
- A CBD patch if necessary.
- For diet, she eats energetically with fast-digesting carbohydrates for breakfast for energy; a lunch with moderate fat, protein, and slow-digesting carbs to sustain her; and a dinner with lean protein and vegetables to sleep well.
- For exercise, Kaufmangoes to the gym regularly and, if needed, smokes beforehand to avoid muscle spasms.
- She prefers a sativa-dominant strain for daytime and an indica-dominant strain at night.
- Daily MS modifying drug.
- Morning meditation.
- Take a high- CBD (cannabidiol) sativa strain in the morning—Harlequin.
- Gradually increase THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) throughout the day—Goji OG.
- Mindfulness training.
- At night take 200 mg of THC for sleep—Granddaddy Purple (high indica).
- Administration: inhalant and edibles.
- Medication for gout.
THIS WEEK SO FAR …
Permit bids flowing to pot panel (Sentinel & Enterprise)
Background checks underway, cannabis commission may start awarding licenses next week (Fall River Herald News)
Background checks underway, CCC may start awarding licenses next week(Sentinel & Enterprise)
Massachusetts Farmers Who Want to Grow Marijuana Struggle With Local Zoning (Cannabis Business Times)
When I talked to Evergreen /Pueblo-based farmer Steve Herin (full disclosure: He says I sold him his first bag of good weed) he stressed the extent to which what is interesting about weed at the moment is olfactory.